New IMG 1.9 upgrade
mikeyhusa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, like many of you reading this message surely feel like a salivating dog standing on a rug just waiting for someone to pull the rug out from underneath me.  If its weeks or months before the new IMG 1.9 is rolled out.  Why leave us hanging with no firm release dates.    Internet searches showed this upgrade has been in the works since last year.  I also realize that you want to get it right on the first go-around.  Maybe your spotlight magazine should have waited until more firm dates were in place.  Just for the record, I have the new 500GB DVR along with 2 other older DVRs. and am looking forward to new features 

0 Likes
Re: New IMG 1.9 upgrade
Justin46
Legend

@mikeyhusa wrote:

I, like many of you reading this message surely feel like a salivating dog standing on a rug just waiting for someone to pull the rug out from underneath me.  If its weeks or months before the new IMG 1.9 is rolled out.  Why leave us hanging with no firm release dates.    Internet searches showed this upgrade has been in the works since last year.  I also realize that you want to get it right on the first go-around.  Maybe your spotlight magazine should have waited until more firm dates were in place.  Just for the record, I have the new 500GB DVR along with 2 other older DVRs. and am looking forward to new features 

Because it is in Beta Test. When they finish that, they will package up a final release and make it available.

Why don't you just quit salivating and calm down? It will be made available when it is ready (and hopefully not before). Period.

As to the weeks or months, those are my words, and my guess, which is all it is, is at least weeks and probably two months, maybe more depending on how they decide to  roll it out (which VHO sequence).

Look, I am as eager to get 1.9 as you are, but I would much prefer they get it working correctly before they start distributing it, I don't want a bunch of bugs to deal with, which I have had to do a few tines in the 5 1/2 years I have had FiOS TV.

As to the "you" and "your" in your post - I presume you are referring to Verizon there, but I hope you realize that this is a "user to user" forum; you are not addressing Verizon directly when you post here. If you want to speak directly to Verizon, use any of the contacts listed in the Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Keller, TX 76248

Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

Up till recently all news about 1.9 was under wraps as those who have seen it have signed NDAs or Non Disclosure Agreements.

However, there is a source if you want to know everything there is to know about 1.9 including how to use it. Lots of screen caps and videos of 1.9 in use.

It's not a file from Rapidshare or a Bit Torrent.

Just tune in channel 1952 and be blown away with the new Verizon FiOS TV.

Smiley Very Happy with a touch of LOL!

0 Likes
tw33k1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@mikeyhusa wrote:

Woke up this morning and had the new IMG 1.9 here in Mechanicsburg, PA (Harrisburg area). Looks great the few minutes I was able to look at it this morning. I noticed that there is a new option to view only subscribed channels! Really cool, good job Verizon.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I too live in the Central PA area (VHO 14), and it did come on this morning.

One issue with the subscribed channels feature: is there any way to make it the default?  When you go into the Guide, you can hit the Options button and select to see only your subscribed channels.  However, when I exit out of the Guide and go back in, it reverts back to All Channels.  I can't seem to find (if there is a way) to make the subscribed channels the default when I go into the Guide menu.

Anyone know if this can be done, and if so, how?  I looked in Settings and could not find it there.

Also, any way to make the screen bigger in some spots?  When I went into the DVR menu this morning to extend a show to record five more minutes, the screen seemed really small compared to what it used to look like.  Is there some place to make the screen shots bigger?

Overall, these are minor issues, particularly my second issue.  But it would be great if we can make subscribed channels the default.  Overall, I like what I see so far.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

MimeQu -

See my response to your post over in the tech forum.  Please don't double post.

0 Likes