Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

New In Home Agent version

Keith_Weisshar
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

New In Home Agent version

Message 1 of 2
(787 Views)

Why does the request replacement remote screen in the latest version of In Home Agent say "Please confirm your contact number" above the green "I need a new remote" button?  What happens if this field is left blank and the green "I need a new remote" button is pressed?

1 REPLY 1
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: New In Home Agent version

Message 2 of 2
(766 Views)

@Keith_Weisshar wrote:

Why does the request replacement remote screen in the latest version of In Home Agent say "Please confirm your contact number" above the green "I need a new remote" button?  What happens if this field is left blank and the green "I need a new remote" button is pressed?

OK, I'll bite.  What happens?  And what difference does it make?  I ordered a new remote recently, it arrived shortly thereafter, and there was no charge on my monthly bill.  I don't recall all the details of the transaction, but it's likely that I used the screen that you described.

There's always the possibility that an individual these days does not have a phone number (mobile or otherwise).  However it seems to me if VZ wants a phone number they can use to contact me if there's a problem delivering my new free remote (or to verify the validity of the remote replacement which is perhaps the reason for the request), I don't find it onerous to provide one.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.