Re: New Last Watched/Viewed Feature
JerryJ1

Thank you for the instructions on how to disable the 'new' Last Watched Rail feature.  It was a TERRIBLE two step operation.   I was able to bring sanity back to watching TV by following you instructions to disable it.  Whoever came up with the idea to make that the default with last night's solftware upgrade, should be fired.

0 Likes
Remote - LAST Key function - degraded
GMGM

Now the LAST key will display a list of what was shows that were inadvertently viewed.  It no longer returns to the last station viewed.  This significantly degrades the usefulness of the remote. I searched the settings (also significantly changed) and there is no way to reset it.  

There must be a profit motive as this degradation is does not improve the customer experience.

0 Likes
Re: Remote - LAST Key function - degraded
Goalie71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, I see a lot of people making their first post an indictment of this hot garbage. Rightfully so.

Thanks for the fix on page 1. And, Verizon, here's some old-school advice: If it ain't broke....

0 Likes
Verizon Fios Last button
FlyHuntLife

For 30 years I've know last button to be the button you press to go back to the last show your were watching with all 5 providers including Antenna services. This new update is ridiculous and just adds steps for me to go back to the last channel I was watching. Essentially its THE SAME THING AS THE FAVORITES button. Stop fixing thing that are not broken.

0 Likes
biffolo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks.  You saved me a lot of time and cursing!!

updeinva
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for pointing out the solution to one idiotic mistake of a feature "upgrade". This "upgrade" is an example of someone sitting at a desk, perhaps with good intentions, taking something that works (going to last channel using one button) and breaking it (going to last channel using two buttons). Brilliant.

0 Likes
copeynyc1

What a useless change.   Nobody cares about the show they watched three turns ago, just the LAST one.  That's what LAST means.   

0 Likes
Frankie21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, you pledge to help those with accessibility issues and I'm sure it never occurred to anyone, but changing a one step operation to a two step operation on the remote made it a little harder on a family member who has hand mobility issues. That's why I came to this forum today, to see if there was a way around it. So thank you to those who gave me the answer! 

cpstratton13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I LOVE the idea of multipe channel selections for the last button but not if it takes 5 seconds just to have the menu pop up and definitely not if it takes away the option to rewind on the previous channel.

Thanks for the fix on the first page!

Pfoster1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much!  Your suggestion solved the problem.