New Remote Functions
Pantz
Enthusiast - Level 2
Our new remotes don't turn ON/OFF the TV AND the STB with the STB button like the old ones did.  We now have to press each the STB button to turn off the STB and the TV button to turn off the TV.  That was not typical before.  Is there something different?
0 Likes
Re: New Remote Functions
Justin46
Legend

You just need to program the remote to do that, it is documented in the little instruction booklet. Didn't an instruction booklet come with the new remote, or don't you have the old one? If not, here is a link to the instruction books for the various Verizon remotes:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote%20Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

Keller, TX 76248

Pantz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Justin,

My bad.  I didn't read the booklet, except for the coded needed for our TVs.  I don't remember programming the old remote to do this function so I didn't know it was a seperate function.

Thanks so much for your response, you taught me how to RTFM again ;o)

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Pantz wrote:

Dear Justin,

My bad.  I didn't read the booklet, except for the coded needed for our TVs.  I don't remember programming the old remote to do this function so I didn't know it was a seperate function.

Thanks so much for your response, you taught me how to RTFM again ;o)

You are welcome. 

Ah, RTFM, brings back some fond memories of providing tech support to certain IBM employees who just would not read the manual no matter what.....  Smiley Happy

Interesting that your remote came set to control the devices separately. All of my remotes came set to turn both the TV and the STB on and off together. I separated them since I wanted to just leave the STBs on, in my view there really is no advantage to turning the STBs off, they use pretty much the same amount of electrical power on or off.

Anyway, hope all works the way you want now.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes