New Service Activation
Eaglesfan1227

To preface, Verizon Fios has been a complete and total.....**bleep**. I switched from Comcast and am considering going back. A few points and my issue outlined below:

1) The ordering process was a disaster. The checkout wouldn't work, my identity couldn't be confirmed and service wasn't helpful (I spoke with countless reps.). My final rep said to try the prepaid since I needed service ASAP. I was charged the $60 but an account was not created; I had to contact my CC company since Verizon had no record of my order - they only had my money. A represenative - like, the tenth one - was able to just push my application through for post paid services. I've bought commercial properties that were less of a headache.

2) I noted that I had my own router. Yet, the technician set up Verizon's router. Doesn't this stuff get passed through the work order? 

3) I received my Fios TV One in the mail a week later (After switching to the Triple Play from just Internet since I was in need of internet ASAP and TV was not a top priority). Turns out, I cannot activate my services even though I have my Fios TV One. Like, what? How does that even make sense? Oh, but my bill is still due based on the time of ordering rather than activation - haha, of course it is.

The instructions that come with the Fios TV One fail to mention that a) you cannot activate your services early (Based on what 2 Reps told me), b) you need to connect your Fios TV One to internet via ethernet, c) an ethernet wasn't even included in the box and d) the box packaging SUCKED compared to comcast's. The difference is mind-boggling. 

4) I call Verizon for assistance and I am on hold for 20+ minutes. I take the "Call me back" option with an estimate for an hour later; after four hours, I finally get a call back. The Live Chat feature is full of labor from a foreign country; I have yet to see a proper sentance in English. Royal pain. It's 2019...get your act together. 

I hate Comcast, which is why I switched, but Verizon...Verizon is on a whole new level of stupid. 

To my tech support question: An error 1301; were the represenatives correct in stating that even though I received my Fios TV One box, I cannot activate my service? I have followed all instructions (Or lack thereof) to a "T" yet I am getting a "Unable to detect router" error. 

0 Likes
Re: New Service Activation
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Eaglesfan1227,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes