quick menu

New Smart TV's - Old equipment

New Smart TV's - Old equipment

Highlighted
Contributor OldLady69
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(411 Views)

Need help!  I have 3 new Smart TV's and I was told that I need new set boxes that will receive HTML wiring to enable to use the Smart TV.

The boxes I have are Model DCT700/US. Phase 2.7.  Platform ID 176. do I need to order updated boxes from Verizon? and return the old ones?

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 3
(403 Views)

@OldLady69 wrote:

Need help!  I have 3 new Smart TV's and I was told that I need new set boxes that will receive HTML wiring to enable to use the Smart TV.

The boxes I have are Model DCT700/US. Phase 2.7.  Platform ID 176. do I need to order updated boxes from Verizon? and return the old ones?

Yes and no. DCT700 are standard definition  so they will have a pretty bad picture on a new HiDef TV. However they still will work if you connect with the coax and tune to channel 3 on the TV input of the new TVs. 

To get HD on those TVs you will have to upgrade to a HD Verizon box  

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(386 Views)

@Edg1 wrote:

@OldLady69

To get HD on those TVs you will have to upgrade to a HD Verizon box 

There will be a price increase in going from the DCT to a HD box.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios