New .TV channels guide data on external services (zap2it) ???
mbhuff
It's been some time since the new .TV channels were added to FIOS service, however the external guide providers such as Zap2It (Tribune Co.) still have the channels named as LOOR558, etc.. with no programming data. The reason this is important is that third party devices like TiVO use Tribune data to update their systems. TiVO cannot fix the problem since the data originates with Verizon. Does anyone know of a number or procedure to contact at Verizon to get them to work on the issue?
0 Likes
Re: New .TV channels guide data on external services (zap2it) ???
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, can someone at FiOS check this?

On my Tivo, which uses Tribune data, it shows the LOOR names and nothing listed.

For a few days it DID show the channels names correctly, but did not have guide data.

This is a bit annoying.  These channels just seem a waste with no guide data, etc.

0 Likes
Re: New .TV channels guide data on external services (zap2it) ???
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Well, after looking at my cable box, I see they list the channel names, but only 1 hour blocks with generic names, like 'Recipe programming', etc.

So, since there does not seem to even be program data, I would still ask FiOS to tell Tribune the real channel names, so they don't list 'LOOR578' as an example of one of these.

As I said,it USED to be right, when the channels first came live

0 Likes