New TV menu is very SLOW
macys71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Used to be able to scroll down on the menu fast, can't now. Push the up /down button to many times it goes right by your channel. I love change, but this one was a bad mistake. Talked with Verizon store personnel and people are telling them the same thing, SLOW and takes up half the screen. Anyone else complaining and what can be done..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New TV menu is very SLOW
Govtman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Macy, I had the same darn problem with mine. Please see my thread entitled, Motorola QIP 7100 and FiOS Menu Guide" or something to that effect.

Basically you need to go into the main menu and into customer support and to correct STB automatically and it will guide u through the rest. It worked for me but I'll prob ask for the newer Motorolla STBs myself.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

It's important to know which receiver model you have. If its a first gen 6000 model, then they run slow the new guide. If that's what you have, then call your nearest fios store and ask to exchange it for a more recent 2nd or 3rd gen 7000 series model. It should be running fine on those models.

You can try setting menus to sd, but I personally would not want to use the new software on the first gen receivers.

0 Likes
Govtman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Macy, I had the same darn problem with mine. Please see my thread entitled, Motorola QIP 7100 and FiOS Menu Guide" or something to that effect.

Basically you need to go into the main menu and into customer support and to correct STB automatically and it will guide u through the rest. It worked for me but I'll prob ask for the newer Motorolla STBs myself.
0 Likes
macys71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You C.C. Not knowing for sure, you just made up my mine. We have early 2008 equipment and it will be going back to Verizon. We ahve a Verizon store a few miles away, THANKS for your input. Macys71

0 Likes
macys71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wrote back on the wrong post, I did what you said. Still slow, I have QIP 6416-2 DVR. Another post from C.C. Think I'll return my old DVR and get newer technology. Thanks for your input..Macys71

0 Likes