New Viacom HD Channels- In listings, but freezes on 3 of them
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

I live in Boston.

The new 6 Viacom HD channels are in my listings.

I can go to MTV-HD, CMT-HD without problems, on my cable box AND my tivo.

The other 4  (spikeHD, CCHD, VH1HD, etc) go black, and after 3 seconds a 'Type quickcode 8801' message appears.  Doing so, does nothing to help.  I have tried rebooting the cable boxes, and the Tivos, didn't help.

I saw someone in CA is having the same problem, *BUT* someone else one town over *IS* seeing all the channels correctly.

Verizon guys, what could be the problem?

0 Likes
Re: New Viacom HD Channels- In listings, but freezes on 3 of them
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Anyone?  Bueller, Bueller?

I know if I call customer support, they are going to have me try turing it all off again, and on  (I already did).  Then they are going to blame the Tivo's, like they always do.  Then when I tell them for the 5th time, it is on both my cable boxes too, they will say they don't know.

I dread the call.  Anyone technical care to help me?

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Phillhu,

Just FYI everyone will be experiencing this from time to time and its actually already being worked on I may not have an ETA until tomorrow though

0 Likes
mellis
Enthusiast - Level 2
I live just west of Boston and have a similar problem! Mtvhd and Cmthd come in but nick,spike,vh1 and comedy central hd all give me the black screen currently unavailable nonsense!I will be interested to see how this pans out!
Message Edited by mellis on 07-02-2009 01:09 PM
0 Likes
SgtScruffy
I'm having the same problem in Hampton Roads, Virginia.  MTV works (though most stuff looks like SD, and is in 4:3) and Comedy Central and VH1 will either continue to show the previous channel's stuff, or it'll just give me the "channel unavailable" message.
Message Edited by SgtScruffy on 07-02-2009 02:01 PM
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
From what I understand about the problem was we had an issue regarding programming on our side its still being worked on for a few channels.
0 Likes