Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

New York Channels

draymond119
Contributor
Contributor

New York Channels

Message 1 of 4
(2,830 Views)

I have FIOS basic channel line up and I have 3 televisions using QAM directly wired in. The bedroom tv is having difficulty with only the New York channels at number 7, 9 and 11 as they are pixillating. I just recently had comcast tv and interestingly, they had those three NY channels up in the two hundred channel numbers and the rest of the local lineup in the single digit channels. I have replaced all the wires and connections to that tv. If I plug the tv directly into the fios feed where it comes into the house, it works fine. As soon as I put a splitter on it, it acts up. I am only splitting it into two and I have tried several splitters. I find it funny that it is only those three NY channels. Those are actually the three weakest channels I had on my old antenna service also. A friend says the TV I have, a Westinghouse 26 inch, may not have a decent enough processor which could be but why those channels? Coincidence???

I am not sure.

Thanks for any information or opinions.

Thanks,

DRaymond

3 REPLIES 3
matcarl
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: New York Channels

Message 2 of 4
(2,828 Views)

Why don't you make a service call and have a professional check the signals?

prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(2,728 Views)

matcarl is correct. The FiOS signal is usually rather hot. Meaning strong. If it is not, you could be having issues with the ONT or fiber feed. You need to contact Verizon and have them check it out. Use the contact us link found at the bottom of this page.

draymond119
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(2,718 Views)
I will call them, thanks.
Draymond
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.