New box.
sod6111

I had recently added a new box to one of my rooms and i'm trying to hook it up to the tv and it wants a current pin. I've tried to put in the pin I have but it's not working. Does anyone know what code it's talking about?

0 Likes
Re: New box.
PJL
Master - Level 3

@sod611 wrote:

I had recently added a new box to one of my rooms and i'm trying to hook it up to the tv and it wants a current pin. I've tried to put in the pin I have but it's not working. Does anyone know what code it's talking about?

When you say "added a new box" I presume you ordered one from Verizon?  If so, the paper work that comes with it explains the process to activate the STB.  When an STB starts up, it goes through a process that shows somewthing that looks like a terminal that includes a password prompt.  A Verizon box should automatically execute that prompt and connnect to the network to complete the startup process.  You connectivity may be bad in the room you are trying to connect the new box and the process fails.  Have you tried to activate the STB on a known good outlet?