New fios customer as of today and having some issues.
briand805

Just had fios tv  and internet installed today. I understand with there is going to be a learning curve and have done some searching however I have not found a solution. I also contacted online support but was told the system is down and they basically couldnt do anything. 

First thing we noticed is that our living room box 1.9- qip-6416-p2 wont display the guide in full screen. It only shows us one hour ahead and is cut off on the sides with black bars. This is  a 52" wide screen and the settings on the box are set correctly.. This is when it is set to full mode on the guide. 

The box in the bedroom qip-7100p2 displays the guide fine in full mode 

I have reset the box and the router and this did not help. 

I also have a problem trying to acces the dvr information online both boxes display BAD GATEWAY..

I am also unable to use my android phone  as a remote. It tells me the last four digits of my number are incorrect. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I suppose ill do some more searching. Thank you. 

EDIT: Just found some information regarding the 6xxx boxes saying they do not support the HD guide format? Is this true?

I hope to get the issues solved fast. I still havent canceled charter and DTV but would sure like to. 

EDIT: AND now as of a few minutes ago the router had just rebooted all own its own... i hope this isnt a sign of things to come.

0 Likes
Re: New fios customer as of today and having some issues.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Brian I am sorry that you are having these problems. You are correct about the 6xxx boxes not able to get the guide in HD format and the chop off. We can remedy this. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes