New guide color change...
WraithDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've seen enough complaints on this change and none of the answers, official or unofficial, sound like Verizon cares at all. If Verizon doesn't listen I suggest people protest with their wallets. I checked out the TiVo website and the $99 DVR does everything the FiOS unit does and more. The TiVo units can be used with any cable system so when I move and have to use another service I already have my own DVR. I think I'm going to opt for the high end $500 Elite with 300 hours of HD recording and 4 tuners. I will be canceling the Verizon DVR and two other non-HD boxes that I currently have, including the home media option, and ordering the $4 cable card for the TiVo. I only have one HDTV anyway, and still have two of the "free" $5 no guide boxes I got when Verizon removed the analog signal. My monthly FiOS bill will be at least $80 less a month which will more than pay for the TiVo service. The new DVR will have it's own guide service, which looks and functions great, and I have Netflix on my XBox so I don't bother with FiOS PPV anyway. TiVo even offers software which allows you to download recorded shows to your PC/Apple computers to watch on the go. I like the FiOS TV and internet service, I also have the phone service for my home alarm so that is not the issue. I'm not complaining about FiOS itself, but that guide change and the response from Verizon has forced me to replace my DVR. The customer isn't always right, but when there are this many complaints about a change somebody needs to listen. Sorry Verizon, changes for the worse have their consequences and I'm showing you that with my hard earned money.

0 Likes
Re: New guide color change...
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry that you are not used to the new guide yet. We do listen to customer feedback when we make changes to the system. There is a forum for your voice to be heard by the policy makers in Verizon. This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes