Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
Every time I turn on my TV, I get this new screen full of Verizon promotional junk. I finally followed the instructions to turn it off (a 4-step process whose instructions do no line up with the actual menu), and thought I was done. Not so. When I turned on a different TV, the promotion screen was there. Apparently, I have to go through this process for each of my 5 TVs. Some idiot marketing person has talked Verizon into annoying its customers more.
I agree the promotions can be annoying. For those who don't want them. Some users do want them, and Verizon wants to sell it's services. That is why Verizon makes them available by default. Since each STB could be used by different people in the same home, each must be set up individually.
That said, avoiding the promotions is fairly easy.
Go to Menu > Settings > Television
Disable Interactive TV
Turn off Recommendations
Go to Menu > Settings > PopUp Alerts and select "Never show me again"
With those settings the only promotions I get is the "Important Message" in the Message Center. If you don't view and delete those, eventually you will get a reminder that you have an "Important Message". I've found that checking it once or twice a week eliminates those reminders.