New user coming from Dish Network questions
djc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my FIOS TV installed yesterday and I had a few questions that I could not find the answers to in the forums.

1) Is there a way to tell the guide that you only want to see the channels you are subscribed to rather than all of them?

2) Is there a way to scroll through the guide faster than the down and up arrows? Dish had a page down/page up function which would move a screen full at a time

3) I was watching a FOD program last night and I could not get the skip ahead/skip back buttons to work. FF and REW worked, but a lot more inpercise.

4) Can you use Skip ahead/skip back on non-DVR boxes when viewing live TV, or only when viewing recorded stuff on the HM DVR?

5) Does anyone know if there is a planned firmware upgrade toallow the non-DVR STB's to tell the HM DVR to start recording the show you are watching (that would be a GREAT feature!!)

6) I see talk here about the 7xxx series boxes, my brand new install in MA got me a 6xxx box...why disn't I get the newest stuff. What is the difference between them and should I try to get the newer box now?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dom

Message Edited by djc on 10-31-2008 12:32 PM
0 Likes
Re: New user coming from Dish Network questions
matcarl
Master - Level 1

No way at the moment to tell guide to only show subscribed stations.

There is a page up/down button, it's the same button as channel up/down.

You can't use skip button on VOD.

Can't control live TV on other boxes.

No to #5.

Not too much of a difference at the moment. They both have their flaws.

0 Likes