Newbie Questions
swood1122

Hello All

I just had FIOS installed yesterday in my home.  I have a Cisco DVR with a second room expansion Cisco STB and DCT-700's in three bedrooms.  I am very frustrated with the DCT-700.  The channel change takes a second which is very annoying.  Is this normal?  Is there something I can do to speed this up?  If this is the STB issue what STB should I consider upgrading to in order to eliminate this channel change delay?  It also is ridiculous that there is no guide with this box.

Second question.  I watched a on demand movie on the Cisco box last evening.  When I paused the movie, after a few minutes it stopped pause and went back to the on-demand menu.  The only way to get back to my place in the movie was to fast forward.  Even at 2x speed it took like 5-10 minutes to get where I was.  This happened three times during the movie.  Each time I selected to play where I left off and each time it started back at the beginning!  Is there another way around this?

Thanks for any help and recommendations.

0 Likes
Re: Newbie Questions
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@swood1122 wrote:

Hello All

I just had FIOS installed yesterday in my home.  I have a Cisco DVR with a second room expansion Cisco STB and DCT-700's in three bedrooms.  I am very frustrated with the DCT-700.  The channel change takes a second which is very annoying.  Is this normal?  Is there something I can do to speed this up?  If this is the STB issue what STB should I consider upgrading to in order to eliminate this channel change delay?  It also is ridiculous that there is no guide with this box.

Second question.  I watched a on demand movie on the Cisco box last evening.  When I paused the movie, after a few minutes it stopped pause and went back to the on-demand menu.  The only way to get back to my place in the movie was to fast forward.  Even at 2x speed it took like 5-10 minutes to get where I was.  This happened three times during the movie.  Each time I selected to play where I left off and each time it started back at the beginning!  Is there another way around this?

Thanks for any help and recommendations.

Good Evening Swood and welcome to the FIOS family!

1) To address the delay in changing channels, unplug the power cord for 30 seconds then plug back in. Those DCT700 boxes by design do not include the guide, On Demand, Widgets, or other advanced features. Those boxes are designed as a low budget alternative for people who basically just want TV service on a set. If you require more from your box, you will want to upgrade those to the next model up.

2) This is a known problem that we are working at getting fixed. There is nothing you can do on your end to fix this. We do not have a date we can quote this will be fixed. We appreciate your patience while we work through this. The On Demand will time out after 5 minutes of being paused. Unpausing prior to the 5 minutes timeout will allow you to keep watching. We understand this is cumbersome, but is the workaround until a permanent solution is in place.

0 Likes