Newest STB
jcoop2699

Ok, so I just added the enhanced DVR service to my fios tv and currently have the VMS4100.  When added, I was charged a 1-time fee of $25 for new equipment to be shipped.  Upon arguing that I couldn’t possibly need any new equipment, the agent from overseas tells me this fee is required because the VMS4100 is the old box and I’m being shipped an upgraded hardware solution.  I just chatted again to see if a tracking showed on my account and the new agent says my order is completed and no tracking is showing.  I need to know if there really is a new box above the TV One VMS4100 because if not, I need to dispute this system added $25 fee.  I swear if I get a shipment of identical boxes, I’m gonna be heavily annoyed.  If I get nothing, I will be equally annoyed.  Anyone with info on the newest hardware, please chime in!

0 Likes
Re: Newest STB
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

4100 is the newest box. Comes with or without DVR. Don't know if its hardware or Verizon enabled. I have the non-DVR version. Don't remember paying a delivery charge, and got update fees waived.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just like other poster said the 4100s are the newest set-top boxes and just like the older 1100s the hard drive is built in and DVR service can be turned on or off. There is no new or additional hardware. What the rep told you was wrong. 

0 Likes
jcoop2699

Exactly what I thought as the DVR just worked right after the order was put in.  You can hear the hard drive spinning no matter what.  This annoys me because now I need to argue this fee.

0 Likes