Nix the box - under counter questions
dojo

Space being the primary issue we use an Audiovox flip down TV in the kitchen.  It's more like a radio situation typically running the news.  But my wife also likes the things like the Food Channel.  With the Cox lineup this in the 102 analog channels which the TV finds without a box.  This won't be happening with the FiOS lineup.  So we are exploring one of two options.

The first option is to find a cablecard TV that attaches under the counter.  So far, there seems to be no such animal out there.  Anybody know of some?

The second option is to nix the TV reciever.  In this case the cable box would be mounted under the cabinets with a monitor attached.  A small HDMI monitor would be used.  In the worst case I would make my own mounting brackets.  Anybody done this? Which small monitors work best?  Are there brackets and swivels that support this configuration?

In this case, the extra and unwanted box is either the cable box or the TV reciever.  As the cable box does not come in an under cabinet version with holes for screws holding it place, the under counter TV with cable card is the most likely solution.  But a metal frame with space for the box and flip down swievel would be the next best solution. And a very, very short HDMI cable.

Anyway, if someone out there has some soultions let me know.  In the meantime the FiOS lineup which puts the guy stations low and the chick stations high will run in the chick domain on low domain only TV.  This won't last long. 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Nix the box - under counter questions
chinorider
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a similar situation and I ordered the Digital Converter instead of STB and I used velcro to attach the converter up under the kitched cabinet.  Works great.  Just mount the converter next to your flip down TV.

0 Likes