No Audio on TV/Picture working
Jarias2311
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey guys I’m having an issue with my STB. The audio doesn’t seem to want to work but the picture is fine. Called help support and they can’t talk to me until tomorrow. Can anyone help in the meantime? My STB model is VMS4100.

I have tried to trouble shoot myself by going to the audio menu from my remote but nothing works on there. Any suggestions? I’ve seen info about a hidden menu but how can I access that? 

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Audio on TV/Picture working
Jarias2311
Enthusiast - Level 2

@clem53 wrote:

@Jarias2311 wrote:

I found the menu and switched to LPCM but it still is silent after turning off and rebooting the box (I.e. cutting power and resetting box) 

any other ideas or should I just wait for FiOS to call me tomorrow?

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue?

Yes I did! Like you mentioned to me it was the TV itself and not the box. Factory reset the TV and everything works again

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Jarias2311 wrote:

Hey guys I’m having an issue with my STB. The audio doesn’t seem to want to work but the picture is fine. Called help support and they can’t talk to me until tomorrow. Can anyone help in the meantime? My STB model is VMS4100.

I have tried to trouble shoot myself by going to the audio menu from my remote but nothing works on there. Any suggestions? I’ve seen info about a hidden menu but how can I access that? 

thanks!

How is the box hooked up to the TV? Are you going direct with HDMI or through a receiver or soundbar. Did you check the audio menu on the TV and make sure HDMI is chosen for audio source? The hidden menu: Power off at button on box, quickly OK 2X on remote>left direction arrow> select USER MENU> Additional HDMI settings>set audio to LPCM. OK, then power off box and reboot.

Jarias2311
Enthusiast - Level 2

@clem53 wrote:

@Jarias2311 wrote:

thanks!

How is the box hooked up to the TV? Are you going direct with HDMI or through a receiver or soundbar. Did you check the audio menu on the TV and make sure HDMI is chosen for audio source? The hidden menu: Power off at button on box, quickly OK 2X on remote>left direction arrow> select USER MENU> Additional HDMI settings>set audio to LPCM. OK, then power off box and reboot.

It’s connected through HDMI from STB to TV. No sound bar. I did the hidden menu but I don’t see a USER MENU option. 

Jarias2311
Enthusiast - Level 2

1. General Status

2. Address/Security

3. code and Download Menu

4. channel and session Menu 

5. Audio Video Status

6. memory and cpu status

7. interface/port/user setting 

8. connected Home Menu

9. purchase/poll/upstream atatus

10. in band status menu

11. oob status

12. hard drive status

13. keypad/LED

14. DRM info 

15. OTT session history 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Jarias2311 wrote:

1. General Status

2. Address/Security

3. code and Download Menu

4. channel and session Menu 

5. Audio Video Status

6. memory and cpu status

7. interface/port/user setting 

8. connected Home Menu

9. purchase/poll/upstream atatus

10. in band status menu

11. oob status

12. hard drive status

13. keypad/LED

14. DRM info 

15. OTT session history 

When you see this screen, hit the left arrow on the remote. Youll see 4 more menus, choose user menu, then do the rest I posted above.

Jarias2311
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the menu and switched to LPCM but it still is silent after turning off and rebooting the box (I.e. cutting power and resetting box) 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Jarias2311 wrote:

Jarias2311
Enthusiast - Level 2

@clem53 wrote:

@Jarias2311 wrote:

Yes I did! Like you mentioned to me it was the TV itself and not the box. Factory reset the TV and everything works again