Re: No Dolby Surround from Motorola set-top box
Jksinfl1

I amhaving the same problem with the same box. Glad to here that other people are having the same problem.

0 Likes
patrickpiteo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turn off audible alerts then reboot your stb.5.1 Dolby will comeback. Keep audbiable alerts turnoff. The last update messed 5.1 up with it turned on.

0 Likes
Dsalz
I am having the same problem. Doldy digital is no longer available. When I follow the steps to confirm surround mode nothing changes. Has this been resolved? How do I get back to Dolby digital?
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Dsalz wrote:
I am having the same problem. Doldy digital is no longer available. When I follow the steps to confirm surround mode nothing changes. Has this been resolved? How do I get back to Dolby digital?

The solution to this problem is given in the post just before yours, and there is a separate thread that discusses this problem.

0 Likes
Dsalz

Turned alerts off and rebooted. Same problem. No Dolby digital.

0 Likes
tingaling

Are people still having this issue? I know I am. I have had no Dolby for a while now.

I have searched the internet and tried the following various "fixes". None worked

Motorolla 7232 connected via HDMI cable ver 1.4 to Reciever

-Disable audio alerts , reset STB

-Make sure Surround sound is enabled

-Hidden menu and set sound to either LPCM / PASSTHROUGH (both did not work)

Anyone else having success?

0 Likes
newpixel
Ah.... Thanks for this post. I thought my stb was sending a surround signal when it wasn't. Going to the backend menu fixed my issues. Set it to pass through.

Setup is stb, hdmi out to tv, optical out to wireless headphones.

Thanks again!
0 Likes