Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

No Guide on DVR Box

Tumo135
Contributor
Contributor

No Guide on DVR Box

Message 1 of 3
(1,279 Views)

I just added two new boxes to my home.  Motorola 6416 DVR and Motorola 7100-P2.  The 7100-P2 gets guide and vod service perfectly.  The DVR however does not.  I swapped the DVR to the other location and it still does not recieve an IP address.  I had originally thought it was a MOCA communication issue but because the other box receives guide updates and vod works i ruled that out.

I rebooted my router serveral times and still nothing.

I current do not have time in my schedule for a tech to come.  I was just curious if i could do anymore self diagnosing or repairs on my own.

Does a DVR box require a stronger signal strength to pull its guide vs a non dvr box?  Thank you for your assitance. 

2 REPLIES 2
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: No Guide on DVR Box

Message 2 of 3
(1,266 Views)

@Tumo135 wrote:

I just added two new boxes to my home.  Motorola 6416 DVR and Motorola 7100-P2.  The 7100-P2 gets guide and vod service perfectly.  The DVR however does not.  I swapped the DVR to the other location and it still does not recieve an IP address.  I had originally thought it was a MOCA communication issue but because the other box receives guide updates and vod works i ruled that out.

I rebooted my router serveral times and still nothing.

I current do not have time in my schedule for a tech to come.  I was just curious if i could do anymore self diagnosing or repairs on my own.

Does a DVR box require a stronger signal strength to pull its guide vs a non dvr box?  Thank you for your assitance. 

You can try the diagnostic in the box and run the In home Agent. I would not have accepted a 6416 DVR because it does not support the new HD guide, and if you are having trouble with it, I would take it back. Unless that is what they shipped to you. I do not believe they are sending those out.At the minimum I would want the 7216 because it supports external storage expansion. Or the prefered 7232 which has to 500GB internal storage. If you went to the store to pick it up I would go back. But first use the contact us link I provided at the bottom. They can troubleshoot it and give you options. If it does not work at a location where another box works, it is the box. No tech visit should be required.

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/receivers/equipment+issues/top+questions.htm.

Or Visit for ideas.

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv.htm

Another option would be to contact Verizon, and have them do a reset of the box.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

Tumo135
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No Guide on DVR Box

Message 3 of 3
(1,253 Views)

I'll give that a shot and report back.  Thank you.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.