No Internet Connection on 3 STBs After Installing New Router
engineerpaul
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got off a 1 hour and 20 minute customer service call that fixed nothing.   This morning, I successfully installed a G1100 that I bought new from eBay for $100.  I even used the actiontec as a moca in the kid's room.  Tee-d the coax to the secondary actiontec and STB, shut off wireless, and wire connected the XBox and a TPLink1750 as a WAP.  One SID/PW...whole house coverage....all in one try!   No problems.  ....Until I decided to celebrate with a beer and a VOD movie.  Good thing I opened the beer.  I found I had no internet connection on all 3 STB's.  I rebooted everything 3 times and called Verizon......Got the Black/newer DVR working but the older/Silver DVR and PO-STB (plain, old STB) will not see the internet.  All other devices (Laptop, Desktop, Ipads etc.) are good.   The tech wanted me to move the STBs to different rooms.  Send somebody here and fix this inconvienence you (Verizon) created...for free!   I already threw out $100 to avoid a $3.00 a month surcharge.   Now I'm drunk and stuck watching Sharknado 4.  They'll be here Monday.

0 Likes
Re: No Internet Connection on 3 STBs After Installing New Router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry if I missed it, but do you have internet on G1100?

Its possible thatAActiontec and G1100 are competing.

Maybe try disconnecting actioinec.

Power everything off.

Power up G1100 first.

Then stbs.( what model are they)

See if they work.

Not sure if you use your own router if Verizon has to know that to ensure router gets the correct config.

0 Likes
Re: No Internet Connection on 3 STBs After Installing New Router
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log into the Actiontec and turn off the DHCP address distribution and disable both of the WAN ports.   It can't be distributing DHCP along with your G1100 or the two devices will result in one of  them handing out invalid default route paths.  As the previous poster said, turn off the ActionTec and leave it off -- and the restart everything else and see if everything works.  If so, this is exactly the problem you have.

0 Likes