No PIN you're not a loyal 12 year Verizon customer?!?!
reesedp1

DVR box stopped receiving channels.  "Not currently available."  Box troubleshooting complete.  Phone troubleshooting complete.  All no-go's.  They said it was the DVR and sent a new one.  Two days later, new box installed, still nada.  Scheduled a service call without a freaking PIN with NO ISSUES.  My lady took 3 HOURS off work to be here for the guy who did some things, said it was water in a box somewhere, and left. 

I get home, go upstairs: No TV.  She tells me he left his card and I got it and called.  No answer no voicemail.  Waited two days to call "Customer Service" (that's a misnomer if there ever was one), only to be told that without that lifesaving PIN, nothing can be done.  What if mild dementia has set in?  How many senior citizen "valued customers" have wasted money going for who knows how long because they can remember everything but the four digit number they originally signed up with??

So "Mary" tells me she can send a letter, and I ask for a supervisor.  "Robert" in billing apparently isn't "customer service" oriented as he "wasn't taking phone calls."  So in essence, if you need to lose money by taking time off from work for a service guy to provide no service after the phone tech said it was for sure the DVR then by all means sign up for this wonderful process.  Several hours of our lives wasted.

While I'm on this:  There is a Verizon box set into my front yard.  The top no longer fits properly and I have personally witnessed two people fall down into a fairly deep hole filled with water.  Did the right thing TWICE and tried to call.  Cut off twice after navigating the wonderful robot helper, then got passed around until I got disconnected (after having been asked for a good call back number of course.)  Guess the next time my son falls in it'll have to be a lawsuit.

So.  Can someone explain to me the process for getting someone to come out and ACTUALLY VERIFY a job is completed before leaving?  How to get a VERY DEEP discount for all the hours wasted and **bleep** processes over the phone?  It's funny how I can log into my bank, and several official government websites without a password by answering three security questions correctly.  I am livid about all of this.

0 Likes
Re: No PIN you're not a loyal 12 year Verizon customer?!?!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi reesedp,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
More than an hour spent on the phone with billing last night in connection with my last post.
reesedp1

After my experience last Friday with the service tech that took three hours of pay from us and didnt actually fix anything, and having to take ANOTHER three hours off work on Monday for round two (this guys was around 40 minutes late), I got on the phone with billing to figure out how I was going to be compensated for this wonderful experience.

The guy on the phone was polite and respectful, and did his job well.  Part of his job was to inform me that Verizon does nothing with lost wages etc for their failed service attempts.  Seems that it doesnt matter if their "technician" reports a job complete even if it is not.  Thats MY problem, apparently.  Hmm...  If I'm a surgeon and I perform a surgery, call it good, charge you, and it turns out it's not good it's MY problem.  A mechanic says he's fixed your AC and charges you but when you get in the car it's still broken, thats HIS problem and he is responsible.  Apparently Verizons failure to fix a problem (that costs you lost wages) is not their responsibility. 

So billing guy Joseph offers me a refund for my lost week of service, an additional $15, then tells me he's going to look into my bundle for additional savings.  This turned into my being on the phone for about an hour and fifteen minutes, as their was some kind of hold on my account.  He said he ended up calling every department and was told by each that there was no reason for it.  I've never missed a payment.  Never been late on a payment, and actually had a credit on my account.  If I took my three hours of lost wages plus the hour on the phone I'd be about $120 down.  Thanks for the $25 dollars Verizon.  Cox Cable is looking good again.

0 Likes