No Sound from Soundbar
dale001
Enthusiast - Level 3

Equipment:

Verizon Fios box (non dvr)

PS4 Slim (gaming unit); HDMI out to TV

RCA 48” HDTV, with digital audio (coaxial only) output.

Vizio Soundbar, model sb3621n e8

I’m not getting any sound from my soundbar when I watch regular TV programming—Only from the TV monitor’s speaker.

I have the TV digital audio out (coaxial) going into the digital audio in (coaxial) to the soundbar. Best Buy told me I would be able to get the PS4 audio and regular TV audio thru the soundbar this way.

Update: I have a converter box coming that will connect to my coaxial out cable and enable me to use optical input. Maybe that will do the trick.    —Dale

0 Likes
Re: No Sound from Soundbar
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go into service menu, power off at box, ok 2x quickly, left arrow, user settings, additional HDMI settings, change audio to LPCM, power off. That should do it.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does TV have a setting for audio out?

And is Soundbar set for Digital Audio In via coax?

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dale001 wrote:

Equipment:

Verizon Fios box (non dvr)

PS4 Slim (gaming unit); HDMI out to TV

RCA 48” HDTV, with digital audio (coaxial only) output.

Vizio Soundbar, model sb3621n e8

I’m not getting any sound from my soundbar when I watch regular TV programming—Only from the TV monitor’s speaker.

I have the TV digital audio out (coaxial) going into the digital audio in (coaxial) to the soundbar. Best Buy told me I would be able to get the PS4 audio and regular TV audio thru the soundbar this way.

Update: I have a converter box coming that will connect to my coaxial out cable and enable me to use optical input. Maybe that will do the trick.    —Dale

Another thought, have you tried optical out of cable box to optical in of soundbar?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Op stated they are doing it from TV so that they can also use soundbar for ps4 and regular tv as well as via stb.

I have done the same for use while using roku and game system plus stb.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CRobGauth wrote:

Op stated they are doing it from TV so that they can also use soundbar for ps4 and regular tv as well as via stb.

I have done the same for use while using roku and game system plus stb.

Wanted to see if issue was with signal from fios box to soundbar, or from TV to soundbar. By trying direct to fios box, you can pretty much eliminate or confirm it as source of problem.