No Sound on some channels?
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The past week or so we have NO SOUND on channel 100-101. Today the sound went out on all channels for a short time and also noticed channel 105 was out.

Having Verizon Tech Support resetting things on their end and me resetting set top box, etc on my end did not resolve issue. Only happens on one of our boxes. Will probably need to get another box per tech.

Why is the SOUND going out intermittently and on only some channels??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Sound on some channels?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No idea for those channels.  But double check your audio settingsin the hidden HDMI menu (assuming you have Motorola)  Possibly a Dolby Digital signal being sent that your TV cannot handle.

Hidden menu.  From on press power off on box then QUICKLY press select then menu.  You may have to try a couple times as timing is everything.  Once there go to additional HDMI settings.  You want to try setting audio setting to L-PCM.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No idea for those channels.  But double check your audio settingsin the hidden HDMI menu (assuming you have Motorola)  Possibly a Dolby Digital signal being sent that your TV cannot handle.

Hidden menu.  From on press power off on box then QUICKLY press select then menu.  You may have to try a couple times as timing is everything.  Once there go to additional HDMI settings.  You want to try setting audio setting to L-PCM.

RanOutOfNames

This solution worked for me. Thank you. This was really getting frustrating. 

0 Likes