No answer at 1800Verizon along with M-cards ceasing to work
mikemazz4

I added HBO to my service this Monday. When I go to HBO now on my two M-card devices I get a notice that the card needs to be activated with a phone number. I called the number, it reactivated, but still the same message! So I called 1800Verizon, went through the 5000 troubshooting steps where it suppossedly was going to reset my STBs at the completion I still have the message, but now NONE of my channels work except local channels. So I waited to talk to a REAL person. After it rang about 25 times I receive a fast busy signal and it hangs up!!!!! Who are you suppossed to call to get help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: No answer at 1800Verizon along with M-cards ceasing to work
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mikemazz4 wrote:

I added HBO to my service this Monday. When I go to HBO now on my two M-card devices I get a notice that the card needs to be activated with a phone number. I called the number, it reactivated, but still the same message! So I called 1800Verizon, went through the 5000 troubshooting steps where it suppossedly was going to reset my STBs at the completion I still have the message, but now NONE of my channels work except local channels. So I waited to talk to a REAL person. After it rang about 25 times I receive a fast busy signal and it hangs up!!!!! Who are you suppossed to call to get help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really unusual for it to just ring.  Be on hold is one thing, but not answering is unusual.  Perhaps it was trying to reach one of those Department that just work traditional Business hours.

0 Likes
Re: No answer at 1800Verizon along with M-cards ceasing to work
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>When I go to HBO now on my two M-card devices I get a notice that the card needs to be activated with a phone number

I don't have/use M-cards but just happened to read a thread about this sort of thing in the Verizon TV section at the dslreports.com forums and the consensus of opinion was to use Verizon's Live Chat to get this fixed. Apparently HBO and some other premium channels require an additional level of "activation" for the cards to work properly--it has something to do with HBO (and others) encrypting/encoding their broadcasts. People have had greater success in getting this issue resolved when using Live Chat.

Hope that helps...

0 Likes