No audio while recording on dvr
pxhop
Enthusiast - Level 2

While recording any channel, I lose the audio on that channel if I leave that channel and then go back to it. After returning to a channel that is being recorded, the only way I can get the audio back on that channel is to turn the box off and then back on. I have tried re-booting the box by unplugging it for over 1 minute, but that didn’t solve the problem. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? The dvr is Cisco CHS 435HDC. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No audio while recording on dvr
pxhop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem Solved: First, Verizon tech support sent me another Cisco DVR which had the same problem. Then they sent out a repair man who decided to try a Motorola DVR instead of the Cisco. Presto, the problem was gone! Apparently Verizon likes the Cisco units because they auto-activate, but my experience shows the Motorola to work better. With the Motorola, the channels changed faster and there were no audio issues when returning to a channel being recorded. Also, with the Cisco  I would hear a repeating thumping noise in the TV speakers when a program was paused, but not with the Motorola. And my dvr remote web access only worked about half the time with the Cisco but is working fine with the Motorola. 

A side note: The replacement Cisco unit Verizon sent me via UPS was apparently pulled from another customer and sent to me without being cleaned up first. It still had someone elses recordings on it that had record dates prior to the date I received it, and the front of the unit had some kind of gooey substance on it. I wonder if they even tested it before they sent it to me. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

To fix the audio problem, please pull up the menu and go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then to IN HOME AGENT, then to AUTO FIX COMMON DVR ISSUES. If you still need help after doing this, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
pxhop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem Solved: First, Verizon tech support sent me another Cisco DVR which had the same problem. Then they sent out a repair man who decided to try a Motorola DVR instead of the Cisco. Presto, the problem was gone! Apparently Verizon likes the Cisco units because they auto-activate, but my experience shows the Motorola to work better. With the Motorola, the channels changed faster and there were no audio issues when returning to a channel being recorded. Also, with the Cisco  I would hear a repeating thumping noise in the TV speakers when a program was paused, but not with the Motorola. And my dvr remote web access only worked about half the time with the Cisco but is working fine with the Motorola. 

A side note: The replacement Cisco unit Verizon sent me via UPS was apparently pulled from another customer and sent to me without being cleaned up first. It still had someone elses recordings on it that had record dates prior to the date I received it, and the front of the unit had some kind of gooey substance on it. I wonder if they even tested it before they sent it to me. 

0 Likes