No guide and VOD
digger86

This issue has just started recently and I have been using the same hardware config and have not made any changes with software. This setup has worked for 3 years.

I run a hardware firewall that has an CAT5 connection straight to the ONT.  Behind the firewall the Actiontec router sits the router does not hand out leases it just acts as a switch and the coax is connected to it.

The issue started with my DVR resting after you turned it on, every thing would lock up the remote has no control.   The box then would get 8's across the display and reset.  I then noticed the behavior on one of my standard def STB only it would not reset it would just be stuck on the channel that it was last left at.

I noticed that the STB were wanting to get an IP address of 192.169.1.10X I have always had them on a static IP of 10.10.10.1X. 

The standard def STB's are not an issue because I can assign them a static lease and if the lock up happens I can just disconnect the coax and reattach it and all is fine.  But when I try to put the DVR in the network this fix does not work for it, it just resets.

Verizon has already sent me a new DVR, same issue.

Right now the way I have it working is that if I disconnect the coax from the router all of the STB's including the DVR will work, but then there is not guide or VOD.

Verizon is sending a tech out. 

I think the router is shot.  Online support suggests that the coax feed to the DVR is too "hot".

I do not want the Actiontec in front.  I know this is what is going to try and be done.  And if it works Verizon has changed some thing.

I think it is the DVR try to find the other STB's but if this is the case then what has changed?  Is there new firmware not allowing other IP addresses besides the default Actiontec ones?

Are there any users that have different IP assigned to thier DVR?

0 Likes