No message light on set top box
Chloesi
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have been a Fios TV customer for over a year, and I have never seen the message light illuminated on my set top box. I have had two boxes during that time and neither of them showed messages with the message light. On a side note, I have only had about 3 messages appear in my inbox in a year's time. Am I not getting the messages that I should be, or are there really only rare messages sent from Verizon?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No message light on set top box
matcarl
Master - Level 1
They don't use the message light. They send maybe one or two messages a month. When you hit the Menu button you'll see an envelope over the Messages icon if there is a new one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
They don't use the message light. They send maybe one or two messages a month. When you hit the Menu button you'll see an envelope over the Messages icon if there is a new one.
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Just to clarify, Verizon used the light early on and got so many customer service calls about "what is this light on the front of my STB" that they disabled it (even though their documentation says they use it).  It would be nice if the enabled it with the default at off and allow the user to enable.  Just my 2 cents on the subject.
0 Likes
Chloesi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, that answers why my light never goes on. I agree, it would be nice if they give the option of enabling it or not. For me, I never think to check for messages.

Thanks for the replies!

0 Likes