No more 5.1
hzmt22193
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed this week (might have been longer) that I no longer can receive  any channel in digital 5.1.  I saw on here that by using the menu/customer support/auto correction that this would fix the issue.  Yesterday I tried it and it worked.  Today 5.1 was gone again.  Repeated same procedure and 5.1 came back.  I have the all black hd dvr (500gb) box.  Anyone else notice this.  Only use the surround sound for the movie channels and the channel 711, whatever they are calling it this week.

0 Likes
Re: No more 5.1
PJL
Master - Level 3

@hzmt22193 wrote:

I have noticed this week (might have been longer) that I no longer can receive  any channel in digital 5.1.  I saw on here that by using the menu/customer support/auto correction that this would fix the issue.  Yesterday I tried it and it worked.  Today 5.1 was gone again.  Repeated same procedure and 5.1 came back.  I have the all black hd dvr (500gb) box.  Anyone else notice this.  Only use the surround sound for the movie channels and the channel 711, whatever they are calling it this week.

You need to disable the audio alerts, then reset your STB, then 5.1 will return.  If you don't disable the alerts the 5.1 will be back after a reset but will then break the first time an alert is received. 

This is apparently a new bug when Verizon enabled the functionality of the audio alerts last week.  The cause if this is Verizon's inability to due regression analysis (i.e., testing to make sure that the change doesn't break something else) when they change something.

Re: No more 5.1
hzmt22193
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I just saw this in another post.  Verizon already sent out a replacement box, due to come in tomorrow.  Did disable alerts on the current box.  Oh well. 

0 Likes