No more actors in Info?
mwexler

In the new channel lineup changes that have swept the northeast, anyone else notice that the Info panel, the screen which tells you what movie you are watching, no longer lists the actors names?  I found it very handy to see who was starring in a movie I stumbled across. 

Now, the listings do not include actors, and are shorter than they used to be.  This is very disappointing.  I hope they put it back the way it used to be.

Michael

0 Likes
Re: No more actors in Info?
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Yes, I noticed it also. This happened about a month or two back also, it lasted about two weeks. I'm sure they are working on it and it will be back.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3
They were in an out and back in here in Southern California.  The are currently in.  Try resetting your box.
0 Likes
mwexler
By "reset the box", do you mean pull the plug out of the wall, count to 10, re plug in?  Is there a key press (ala ctrl-alt-delete, say some combo on the front or on the remote) that can do this, or should I power cycle each box?
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@mwexler wrote:
By "reset the box", do you mean pull the plug out of the wall, count to 10, re plug in?  Is there a key press (ala ctrl-alt-delete, say some combo on the front or on the remote) that can do this, or should I power cycle each box?
First power the box off and then on by pulling the plug.  You can try a hard reset from the "My Verizon" web site (https://www22.verizon.com/myverizon/).  On that site, under the TV service, you should see your box listed and the ability to reset it.
0 Likes
mwexler
Sadly, I've tried to reset the boxes a few times, and still no actors information, still limited program info per show.  Very disappointing.  I'll wait a few more days and post again here, but I think Verizon has chosen to use "reduced listings" instead of "full listings" for my area.  I hope they reconsider.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
A reboot won't make them magically appear again, they will be back like I've said.
0 Likes
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1
They also don't show the year a movie was released or a show was aired anymore.  Will they add that back too (I hope!)?
0 Likes
WithAK
Why not have a Verizon employee get FIOS service in Los Angeles? Noone in the company could possibly enjoy anything about their Guide we have here.
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@WithAK wrote:
Why not have a Verizon employee get FIOS service in Los Angeles? Noone in the company could possibly enjoy anything about their Guide we have here.

What makes you think LA is special?  It's just as bad everywhere else.  Until Verizon dumps FYI (the guide information provider) the guide and their DVR will be basically worthless. 

My DVR is now just a glorified dumb VCR since at least half the time I have to schedule my recordings manually because of crappy guide information.

0 Likes