Re: No sound on HD Channels
DesertGirl3

We have the 7100 2 STB and are having trouble understanding what we are supposed to do to get to the settings screen.  We are futher confounded by the fact that the STB is in a closet behind the wall the TV hangs on (we use an Infrared device to send remote signals to the STB), so we have to run back and forth between the STB and the TV.  Anyway, I turned off the STB, pointed the remote at it and pressed OK.  Then I went over to the TV, which was off and turned it on and it brought up a screen called "Diagnostics" with a list of items, but nothing that lets you adjust anything.  There was an item in the list on "audio/video info, but you couldn't do anything with it.

Can you more carefully explain what you have to turn on and off and what you do with the remote vs. the STB buttons.  I only have a power on/off button and an OK button with up and down and back and forth arrows around it.  That's it.  So what exact;y are we supposed to do?  Do we start with TV on or off?  Do we press the OK onthe STB or the OK on the remote (when the STB is turned off?).

Sorry for all the confusion, but the more we read this chain of ideas, the more confused we are getting.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Two hand operation. One hand turns off the power on the set top box. The other hand hits ok first. Then menu. 1/2 second intervals. So power with one hand and with the other hand hit ok then menu. Navigate to additional hdmi options and then audio settings.
0 Likes
DetailPhil

I recently chose the Fios TV  DIY installation option, but had the same no sound on HD channels problem. I tried your suggested 2-hand operation with STB and remote and followed the hdmi options, then audio settings and selected one.  It corrected the problem. Thanks!

0 Likes
mhrunge

This is exactly the problem I was having with my 37" Vizio (2010). The sound would start off fine, but then I would lose it while changing channels....to get it back I would have to pull out the HDMI cable and plug it back in to reset. I spoke with Verizon techs and even got a new box....no change. Their solution was to use component cables, which cannot not provide a tru HD picture. Long story short, you need to change the audio output setting exactly as described above. You would think Verizon techs would know this by now!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes