No tv picture when guide is displayed
sweetp2671

I dont know if this has been asked but I tried searching for this and couldnt find anything.  If there is already a post then please direct me to it. 

When the guide is displayed there is a small picture in the left corner.  I always assumed that it was whatever channel is currently on but it shows a screenshot of whatever channel is selected on the guide and it changes as you page through the guide.   I thought it could be changed in the settings but I cant find it.  Im asking because when the dvr page is displayed the small screen DOES show what is on the current channel.  Why cant this be done for the guide as well?  

0 Likes
Re: No tv picture when guide is displayed
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sweetp2671 wrote:

I dont know if this has been asked but I tried searching for this and couldnt find anything.  If there is already a post then please direct me to it. 

When the guide is displayed there is a small picture in the left corner.  I always assumed that it was whatever channel is currently on but it shows a screenshot of whatever channel is selected on the guide and it changes as you page through the guide.   I thought it could be changed in the settings but I cant find it.  Im asking because when the dvr page is displayed the small screen DOES show what is on the current channel.  Why cant this be done for the guide as well?  

PIP is being restored for the guide in the next update.

0 Likes
Re: No tv picture when guide is displayed
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The guide was updated in September and the PIP feature was removed.  A new update is in the process of being deployed that restores this feature.  Verizon says it will be deployed by tommorow (10/29/2020) in all markets.

See the very long thread about the September guide update for Verizon's response.