NoShow FIOS Tech
guliajulia
Twice I have had the FIOS tech scheduled to come out to my house and install FIOS in another room. TWICE he has not shown. The first time ( which I took vacation time off work for) the claim  was the order was not in the computer, even though I had a confirmation code. then today , which I waited all day for hime then at 4pm called to see if he was coming was told he wouldn't make it. I asked to speak to costumer service or anyone that could help me and got shuffled around to NO ONE and never got any help. Have others had this problem. What is the deal and Why such POOR SERVICE? Can anyone provide a number or email for me to call?
0 Likes
Re: NoShow FIOS Tech
prisaz
Legend

@guliajulia wrote:
Twice I have had the FIOS tech scheduled to come out to my house and install FIOS in another room. TWICE he has not shown. The first time ( which I took vacation time off work for) the claim  was the order was not in the computer, even though I had a confirmation code. then today , which I waited all day for hime then at 4pm called to see if he was coming was told he wouldn't make it. I asked to speak to costumer service or anyone that could help me and got shuffled around to NO ONE and never got any help. Have others had this problem. What is the deal and Why such POOR SERVICE? Can anyone provide a number or email for me to call?

That stinks. Sorry you are having such a tough time. I had a work order closed on me once a few years ago. But they have gotten better. I know there are Verizon Employees here in this forum that can help you. Perhaps better then the support numbers or contact us email addresses. Most contact us emails I have tried just give canned support responses. But I am sure once one of the Verizon people here hear of your troubles they will help. Here is a number and link to a contact anouncement.

1-800-VERIZON

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2009/one-easy-to-remember.html

0 Likes
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
happens all the time.  My father had an install scheduled and they came out a few days prior to lay the cable outside the home. He called the morning of the install and they told him it was cancelled and would be back out for the install in 3 weeks.
0 Likes
speaky

I had the same type of lack of good service. They came and laid in the fiber to the house. Two days later a VZ tech showed and said he could not install because of a ground problem. He also went on to call me a ginny pig for our neighborhood. i was to be called within 24 hours to reschedule after the problem solved. Three days later no call. I called and waited uver 45 minutes to find out they canceled the order and I had to start all over again. Almost two hours on the phone and I was back in the loop.I was again scheduled for an install. The day before I got an email telling me it would be over a month because they did not order the ground system to be installed. I spent another terminal period on the phone mostly listening to the looped recording of fios radio network. They finally sent out a private contractor and I was up and running within three hours of his arrival. He did not have to run special ground as the VZ tech said had to be done.

Not sure why all the hassle but they darn near lost a potential customer if I was not soooooo patient.

0 Likes
plagued
Enthusiast - Level 3
Contact your local cable commission ASAP.
0 Likes
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

@guliajulia wrote:

Happened to me last year when I ordered Fios the first time and the installer never showed up.  No calls, nothing.  All the prep work was already done and I even received a recorded message confirming my install date, but then nobody shows up.  Wasted a vacation day for it too.  They tried to reschedule, but I was sooooo pissed off, I just cancelled everything.  A few months later, I just ordered it online and they finally showed up on time.

Certainly wasn't a good first impression of Verizon Fios.

0 Likes
ksoza1
Enthusiast - Level 3
That sounds like my experiences with Comcast before I made the recent wise move to Verizon.  Although I only have limited data, both occasions that I have had a FIOS tech call, it has been outstanding. Both times the tech called ahead of time, was there as planned, did a great job and left thier their business cards with cell numbers and asked that I contact them if anything changes or if i have any other issues. The last one which was for a phone issue, also said he would call back later that day to make sure all was okay after his visit, did callback as he said. Never had that with Comcast in decades.
Message Edited by ksoza on 03-04-2009 12:33 PM
0 Likes
speaky
Just found out when they laid in the fiber they cut my lines from the satellite dishes. I still use them for keeping my stb from Dish up to date for the motorhome. I called but no one seems to care.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ok it looks like the date is for march 8th to install that video jack for ya....what were you being told?
0 Likes
guliajulia
I was told2/25, 2/28 and again today 3/4, I have the confirmation codes, pa00019092943, Y4SQ3C and C6BE56631. Today I called early because I did not get a confirmation call and they said it was scheduled for sunday 3/8, which is what Dwight changed it from on Monday and gave me the conf# C6BE55631. This was after Carie tried to correct it and gave me the code pa00019092943 for 2/28 and no one showed.and then I called and david made it for Sunday, but when I called to confirm, Dwight said he could change it to today.   Now  as I understand it as a tech person you cannot see all of these changes? Really I j ust want the jack installed. It is getting ridiculous. I don't care when they come. I just want someone to come when they say they will. The new date is now 3/8 sometime between 8 am and 11 am. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
0 Likes