Noisy HD DVR
fmoon1
Enthusiast - Level 1

On 10/02/2012 I received a new HD DVR (QIP7232P2) and installed it and it has been working fine. In the last week and a half the cooling fan in the back of the unit has become very loud. As this unit is in a bedroom it is very annoying when trying to sleep. I am worried that the unit will fail if the fan stops working and the unit overheats. Is this a valid reason to request a replacement unit? Any info will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Noisy HD DVR
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If it's abnormally loud, then it's likely going to fail, which means your hard drive will fail.

So imo yes, you would want to get that addressed.  Sometimes it's just dust that is collecting and some compressed air can fix that, but if not, then get it replaced.   try checking with chat support at the bottom of this page by clicking where it says contact us. 

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

If it's abnormally loud, then it's likely going to fail, which means your hard drive will fail.

So imo yes, you would want to get that addressed.  Sometimes it's just dust that is collecting and some compressed air can fix that, but if not, then get it replaced.   try checking with chat support at the bottom of this page by clicking where it says contact us. 

fmoon1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the reply. As the unit is so new I don't think it is a dust problem. I think I will call support and see if they will replace the unit.

Thanks again,

Frank

0 Likes