Switch Account

Non DVR boxes freezing when fast forwarding

Non DVR boxes freezing when fast forwarding

Highlighted
Contributor rktrump
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(344 Views)

I have a multi room DVR set up.  When I play recordings from my DVR on one of my non-DVR set top boxes, they freeze up when I fast foward or rewind.  In particular, I always use the skip ahead and back buttons (as opposed to traditional fast forward and rewind) and after I hit the buttons to skip ahead, the recording freezes.  The box does not shut down and sometimes it will unfreeze after some time, other times I hit buttons (e.g., play, stop, etc) until it snaps back into it.  Other times I have to power it off and turn it back on and start my program from the beginning.

The DVR box is working fine, but this problem is happening with all 3 of my non-DVR boxes (perhaps a problem with the model?).  All of my equiptment is new, as it was "upgraded" when I moved to my new residence a month ago.  I called tech support and they thought it was a probloem with my router, which apparently allows the DVR to communicate with the other boxes.  They sent me out a new one, but I'm experiencing the same problem with the new router too, though it does seem to be less consistent than it was previously - It used to happen EVERY time (i.e., anytime I fast fowarded or rewound) and now it happens most times.

One more symptom: About 1/4 of the time I fast forward and try to get the program going again, the sound has gone out.  When this happens I skip forward or back a couple times and that tends to get the sound back.

This is very frustrating!

1 REPLY 1
Contributor liquidtheorems
Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(330 Views)

I've experienced the exact same thing with my DVR box.  Usually I have to hit stop, resume, and then fast forward to where I was.  technology and support from Verizon as usual.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.