Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Noob Question about Component Cables

uptheirons1992
Contributor
Contributor

Noob Question about Component Cables

Message 1 of 3
(756 Views)

Hello all. I recently got a new HDTV; however, my verizon box was used for standard tvs. I was wondering if using component cables will improve the quality of the images? Or do I have to have Verizon HD for the component cables to factor in? Please forgive my noobish question. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Noob Question about Component Cables

Message 2 of 3
(731 Views)

Really better to get a HD box.  I don't think the SD boxes even support Component cables.

Note with a HD box its usually best to use HDMI to newer HDTV's although component will work.

UnnDunn
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: Noob Question about Component Cables

Message 3 of 3
(730 Views)

Look for your Set Top Box's model number on the bottom left corner of the front panel.

If the model number is QIP-6xxx, QIP-7xxx or CHS-xxx, then  you have an HD set-top-box, and you should absolutely be using component (or better yet, HDMI) cables. Don't walk, run to the store and buy an HDMI cable. (But don't pay more than $10 for it.)

If your Set top model number is not one of the above, then you have an SD set-top-box. Take it to the nearest Verizon store and get it exchanged for an HD set-top-box. Then run to the store and buy an HDMI cable for it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title