Noob Questions
jake1221

Seriously considering dropping Comcast in favor of Verizon Fios, but a couple of questions:

With Verizon OnDemand, do you get regular television shows in addition to movies?  Comcast offers a wide variety of network shows OnDemand (CBS, ABC, MTV, etc.).  Does Verizon currently offer those?

Are the Encore movie channels free with Verizon?  Comcast provides those as part of their digital package, they do not consider them premium channels.

Has anyone purchased the NHL Center Ice package yet that Verizon just started?  I have it with Comcast, and the feeds are absolutely horrible.  I was wondering how the feed looks on Verizon.  Also, does Verizon broadcast one game a night in HD?

I have two non-HD TVs that, through Comcast, do not need cable boxes to get channels.  They are connected directly to the cable from the wall.  Is my understanding correct that I cannot do this with Verizon, that I will have to rent standard boxes in order to get reception on those TVs?

Thanks guys!

0 Likes
Re: Noob Questions
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Jake1221

Yes Verizon does offer a wide variety of network shows OnDemand (CBS, ABC, MTV, etc.). 

You got me on the NHL Center Package (I'm not a big Hockey fan)

Encore is not free it is included in the Movies Package which includes the following:

• 45 Premium Channels including SHOWTIME®, STARZ®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL®, ENCORE®, FLIX®, IFC™ and SUNDANCE®
  • Watch hit Original Series like Dexter™, Weeds and The Tudors, over 1,000 Hollywood Blockbusters per month, Championship Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts and, now, Inside The NFL
  • Includes Premium HD channels and On Demand channels – for the ultimate in home theater entertainment.
  • 0 Likes