Not Supported Mode
PDACPA

Maybe once or twice a week, I turn on my TV (Verizon HD DVR is always on) and I receive the message "not supported mode." The only way to clear it, is to unplug the Verizon HD DVR and plug it back in (ie reboot) and then it works fine.

Does anyone know what is causing this and what the message means?

Thanks

Fios in Tampa

0 Likes
Re: Not Supported Mode
spy178
Enthusiast - Level 2
what type of TV do you have and how is it connected to the STB (component or HDMI)?  I know there are some weird issues like that with Samsung TV's.  I have my samsung TV connected to my STB via component cables and if I switch the SD overide to "Off", it will come up in "Not Supported Mode", but only on SD channells.  The SD Overide option can be found in the Menu under Settings>Video Options I believe.  Or it could be the HDMI Handshake issue that some were having as well.
G-Pon
Contributor - Level 1
Good Answer Spy 178! That is a Samsung message, I too switched to comp cables at my house and the problem has never be seen again, still get 1080 etc. an elegant solution. I did notice sometimes I could un-plug the HDMI cable and plug it back in too but for some wall-mounted TV’s this is impractical.
0 Likes
PDACPA

You guys are correct. Samsung 42 inch plama (forget the model) and it is connected via HDMI from the HD DVR (motorolla) direct to the tv.

0 Likes