Not enough credits to purchase Video on Demand?
mhicks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what this is all about. We ordered the Triple Play bundle, of which we actually got about 60% of, and still cannot order Movies on Demand because my account "does not ahve enough credits". What is that all about? This is abrand new account!Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Not enough credits to purchase Video on Demand?
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey mhicks, can you send me a private with the home phone number on the accout so I can look into the issue for you.

grumpycustomer

I have the same problem, my bill is paid up to date.  Can someone please help me with this? 

I am getting ready to switch back to Cable Vision, honestly Verizon's lack of customer service is frustrating.   Getting set up was awesome, but once you're a customer it is incredibly hard to get help!

0 Likes
CameronSim

Just started getting this now...I had the complete package, all the HD channels and was able to buy any VOD movies. I think down graded my package and replace my set-top box...(as that is dorectly linked to what channels you have).

Anyway, after sent the previous box back, I could no longer use VOD to buy anything...I presume because Verizon just assume you've kept it and they're happy to limit your VOD until you have to prove that you've sent it back. On top of that, there is no customer service outside of weekday office hours...so that Saturday night movie gets cancelled.

Not impressed at all.

0 Likes
mogmel

Our HOA has just moved over to Verizon from Comcast.  The customer services department is shocking.  I spent 1 hr and 20 mins on the phone last night being passed around departments because my VOD states I don't have credit.  I was assurred I do I have $150-00.  The tech department told me its not been switched on and transfered me to Cust svs for them to do it, they wont do it casue its a Bulk HOA account and the HOA department is closed and is still closed this morning.  I only want the free stuff! I pay for the extra channels myself as I have extreme.  Am completely fed up with them.  The engineer who installed it did not bother checking it worked as he said all the channels had not finished downloading and if we had a problem call cust svs and they woukd get him back.  That was Monday when I spent another hour on the phone and guess what hes still not phoned us.  Lets hope th contract the HOA have signed is only for a short period and we can go back to comcast.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
deejayz

Hi, Ron - having that problem now as well "your box does not have enough credits ... etc."   Been told by a cust svc rep/tech supp rep that there's a system-wide outage on VOD.. How much credit should we expect to get for the inconvenience? Also we are not getting the caller ID showing up on the TV screen either.  Any reason this happens?

0 Likes
Loxy618

I just tried to rent a movie on VOD and I'm now getting this same error message and we've been on hold with support for 20 minutes.  Anyone have any ideas, I'd like to watch the movie before I have to turn my clocks back.  

0 Likes
SuHi8510

Yep. Same here. I actually wanted to watch a free TV show episode. The message tells me the box doesn't have enough credits. Earlier today, I was able to watch two shows that were still saved under my rentals from Friday... but anything "new" is not working. I'm on hold to speak to someone after calling four times, entering the code, and getting a busy signal. Been on hold for about 20 minutes now...

0 Likes
NoShoreMA
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened to me earlier. Go to Menu and select Customer Support.

Select In Home Agent.

I tried to reboot (only gave me different error code).

Select Set Top Box Auto Correct. This seemed to have done the trick.

What do you know.....I am watching the movie that shut down when this all started.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
jonstrong1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried calling several times, and each time, after getting routed through several menus, I get a fast busy signal.

I tried the "auto correct" procedure twice through the set top box, and once through the web menu -- all 3 STB's in my house reset, rebooted, etc... and the problem persists. It's apparently not a problem with the boxes, but a system outage.

0 Likes