Not getting 3D

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: Not getting 3D

Message 11 of 16
(644 Views)

Yes, I'm using the VMS. I watched both Hobbit movies in 3D last night.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 12 of 16
(627 Views)

Gosh, I'm almost sorry to hear that SinCara. Now that complicates my situation. Well, I have another VMS1100 connected to a non-3D TV so I'll swap it and see if it's that particular box. I also have the VMS1100 connected to my AV receiver. I'll direct connect it to the TV and see if that works. "TNS2" what were you trying to say  about "over under 720p" on am earlier reply?

Thanks for responding.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 13 of 16
(615 Views)

Simply that 720p over under and 1080i side by side are standard and should be supported by all 3D TV's.  However 720 side by side and 1080i over under are OPTIONAL and not all 3d TV's support them.

Just like SinCara I have no trouble viewing the trailers and many 3d programs with my VMS1100 (and previously with my 7232)

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 14 of 16
(611 Views)

Thank you. Well, I'll try my other variables and see what happens. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 15 of 16
(572 Views)

Well, I tried another VMS1100, and the video client even direct connect (bypassing the receiver) - no good. Must assume it's a software bug. Calling VMS support...

Thanks all for your input.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 16 of 16
(570 Views)

Just called VMS customer support. Spoke with Wilfredo. He thought of watching an actual movie (Verizon would credit me). I did and the actual movie was in 3D! It's just the trailers that were "acting up". So everything is fine. Excellent customer service by the way. Thank you all and thank you Wilfredo of Verizon customer support!

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.