Now a Black Screen with no notification appears
EJade

I just got a new television since my old one stopped working a few day ago.  All I did was unplug the coax cable from the antenna input of my old television into the new antenna input of my new television.  However after I did so, the box at first would not come on.  After unplugging everything and making sure everything was plugged in to where it needs to be, the box turns on and I get the Starting Up...one moment please message. This message has been there for at least a good hour now with no changes. My box is a motorola QIP7100 2 and it is a box placed in my bedroom.  All the other verizon boxes in the house work just fine. Is there something wrong with my box?  There should not be seeing as how it was working fine a few days ago and it was only the television that had stopped working.  I tried resetting and as of right now I am at a lost of what to do.  Help would be most appreciated.

EDIT:  Ok, now I just get a black screen when I turn on the box.  No notification of any kind appears, resetting does nothing.

0 Likes
Re: Now a Black Screen with no notification appears
PJL
Master - Level 3

Sounds to me like you have the coax into the STB plugged in wrong. 

0 Likes
EJade

It's not plugged in wrong.  All I did was switch tvs. Then I unplugged and replugged everything back in as it were.  The only difference is the new television.  Switching televisions should not have triggered it to stop working.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@EJade wrote:

It's not plugged in wrong.  All I did was switch tvs. Then I unplugged and replugged everything back in as it were.  The only difference is the new television.  Switching televisions should not have triggered it to stop working.

Is the new TV input set correctly?  Can you try your old TV and see if that works?  You're assuming the STB is not working correctly, so this would narrow the problem down to the STB if the old TV doesn't work either.

0 Likes
EJade

I can't try with my old tv because my old tv is broken and won't turn on.  This is why I was replacing it in the first place.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Box type.   Tv type, only for Older SD tv's with no other type inputs is a coax recommended EVEN for SD tv's

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Changing TV's only is not a big deal, and it should work as long as you are in the same room, and using the same coax cable that comes from the wall.

Just make sure the cable coming from the wall goes to where it says RF IN or FIOS TV IN on the back of the set top box

Make sure you are using one of the following

• Coax Cable from the Back of the STB where it is labled "TO TV" and the other end plugs into the TV where it says CABLE IN ANTENNA IN or something to that effect.   It will give you Modulated RF (on channel 3 only), so use your TV remote to put it on channel 3, or the up and down channel button on the TV set itself to tune to channel 3. 
  • Composite Video (red white and yellow) from the back of the STB to the Back of the TV labled video IN.    Then use your TV Pay attention to where you plugged it in on your tv, it should be labeled, like AV 1 or AV2 or Video 1 or video 2, and then use your TV Remote to select the correct input.

If it's an HD set top box and a newer tv, then you'll want to get yourself a HDMI cable from monoprice.com or amazon.com.   They are only a couple bucks. 

Here are some additional wiring diagrams

DVR & Set-Top Box Wiring Diagrams The model, size, and color of your FiOS TV equipment may vary. To find the wiring diagrams for your Set-Top Box, DVR, or digital adapter, select your specific equipment model below.

DVRs  

High Definition (HD) DVRs
Standard Definition (SD) DVRs

Set-Top Boxes  

High Definition (HD) Set-Top Boxes
Standard Definition (SD) Set-Top Boxes

Digital Adapter

0 Likes