OK Button and Current Status
Fortran

Folks, this is probably a FAQ, but my search-fu has let me down.  My question has to do with the FiOS remote and getting it to work like I want.

Namely, I recently had to get a new DVR because my old one just plain broke. That's fine, and the new one is working well save for one thing: the OK Button doesn't have the behavior of my old DVR or even the same behavior as my simple set-top box in my bedroom

The behavior I'm talking about is how when you are watching a program, you can press "OK" and up will pop that status "bar" along the bottom-ish of the screen.  Likewise, when watching a recorded program, when I pressed "OK" it'd show that bar with the "progress meter" in the background.  In ever FiOS box and DVR I've had, this has always been the behavior.

But, in my new DVR, pressing OK when there is nothing else on the screen does...nothing. Instead I have to press "Play" to get the status bar thing.

Does anyone out there know of a way to program the FiOS remote so that I can get back my "OK" behavior?

0 Likes
Re: OK Button and Current Status
matcarl
Master - Level 1

I don't know why that's happening, but until it's figured out, hit the Info button, it will do almost the same thing.

0 Likes
Re: OK Button and Current Status
Fortran

@matcarl wrote:

I don't know why that's happening, but until it's figured out, hit the Info button, it will do almost the same thing.

Oh, aye, I know. But there's about 3 years of muscle memory and hand placement that'd like the behavior from the OK Button.

0 Likes