OOB not detected
OOB

During installation of my TV media server, it shows 

Step 1. Testing your connection

1A  Verizon Network Test              OOB not detected

1B In Home network Test               Testing

1C Router Test                                completed

1D Channel Test.                            Pending

I have checked my all connections(Power cord, HDMI cord, and Coaxial cable) and all are good.

0 Likes
Re: OOB not detected
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That means its not getting a good RF signal or the wrong one. Is this the only box you have? It is possible that it is not connected to the ONT or still connected to the old cable provider. 

0 Likes
number21

Everything that I read about this seems to say that the Coax was connected to the ONT.  However I do not have Coax coming into my house.  I have a Cat5/6 cable that comes from outside my house straight to the router.  From there I have COAX that goes to the tv box.  

Still....OOB not detected.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@number21 wrote:

Everything that I read about this seems to say that the Coax was connected to the ONT.  However I do not have Coax coming into my house.  I have a Cat5/6 cable that comes from outside my house straight to the router.  From there I have COAX that goes to the tv box.  

Still....OOB not detected.  

There should be a splitter on the coax before it gets to the box. One out goes to the box, the other to the coax in of the router. That's why no OOB signal.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes