Old DVR on a new installation -- Horrible Customer Service Experience
aj881

I have been a Verizon customer for less than 36 hours and I've already been berated by uninformitive customer service reps and been passed around to the point were I'm seriously considering going back to TW.

My "triple play" was connected yesterday and during the installatin I noticed I'm being given an old (6416) DVR. I know for fact that Verizon has been sending out and advertising new (7232) DVRs for a while now, and I'm paying the same price so I asked the Technician and was informed that they did not currently have any 7232 DVRs at their particular location but that this would be an easy fix if I just called 1 800 Verizon because Verizon would be more than happy to replace the DVR if I wanted to. That sounded simple enough so I let it go and didn't make a big fuss during the installation, but boy was I in for a surprise.

I spent a lot of time on the phone today. The first rep I spoke to on the phone had an insanely horstile attitude and asked me "What does it matter if the box looks like the old ones if it can record?" which is an obsurd question as we all know this is not about what the box "looks like". He then proceeded to get very insulting and condecending, telling me I should go online to upgrade, cutting me off to repeat the same instruction everytime I tried to tell him it's not possible to do so online (or atleast I don't know how). He would not let me speak to another represantative so I hung up. 

I called again and I was told there is an "option" if I  justlogged in to my Verison that lets me choose specific me which equipment I wanted and that there is nothing they can do. So I thanked the rep and headed online only to find out there is no such feature. While trying to figure out where to do this online I was prompted to Chat with an online rep for help so I did:

To my astonishment, the online rep informed me that there is no way to do this online and that I should call a local Verizon store. When I asked if he could please give me the address or the phone number of such store in New York City, he said he did not have that information!

So basically I have spent hours trying to fix something that is not my fault to begin with. I just want a new DVR and I don't think I should have to pay the upgrade fee because I just had this installed yesterday..., can anyone help please?

0 Likes
Re: Old DVR on a new installation -- Horrible Customer Service Experience
Jack_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Aj88

I sent you a private message to help you with your issue.

Thank You

^Jack

Re: Old DVR on a new installation -- Horrible Customer Service Experience
aj881

Thanks for looking into this.

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Evening,

We were just checking with you to make sure issue was resolved. Please repost if you are still experiencing a problem.

Tonya D.

0 Likes