Old customer - new plans?
darren
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wondering if before I call someone else may know the answer to this. I just noticed in Portland OR that I can see a heap of new HD channels. I have been a FiOS TV Customer since December of last year - I have Premier, HD and HBO/Cinemax with DVR. 

Should I automatically get the new HD channels, or do I need to pay more for those? I do notice that I get the new HBO/Cinemax HD content - but I am also interested in Disney HD, Disney Toon HD, etc. Which currently it tells me I am not subscribed?

I have a gut feeling that you are going to tell me that I need to pay more $$$ to get them turned on - but before I call, wondered if anyone else had any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Old customer - new plans?
Techman28
Master - Level 1

ok here is the thing I just learned regarding the Extreme HD....It can be received with our Sports package and Extreme HD for $10 additional for some customer's. I already have the sports package so I just had them re do it and add it on my account thus I pay nothing.

Its different for everyone so please call.

View solution in original post

Techman28
Master - Level 1

ok here is the thing I just learned regarding the Extreme HD....It can be received with our Sports package and Extreme HD for $10 additional for some customer's. I already have the sports package so I just had them re do it and add it on my account thus I pay nothing.

Its different for everyone so please call.

utexex79

you may also be able to subscribe to one of the new 'bundles' being offered and save some $$... i changed to the triple play bundle, which allowed me to get all the new HD channels, upgrade my internet speed and save about $30/month.

you can see the dslreports fios tv forum for additional information.

0 Likes
darren
Enthusiast - Level 2

So - interesting information - thank you. 

I called Verizon last night, trying the number I was told to call via the web-site, as I am not able to sort it out over the internet. The lady who spoke with me said I called the wrong number, then put me through to another number (she gave me the new number just in case I was disconnected). Speaking to a new person I spoke with said he could help me, until he looked up my account. He said my account was "disabled" and that he could not make any changes to the account.

He did say that I was able to get the HD Extreme package at $10, but there would be a $10 credit, therefore net no difference, and in effect I would get all the HD Extreme package deals. Problem was, he could not do anything with my account, then said I needed to call back the other number I had originally called but before 8pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday.

So - I will do that I guess. Probably give them a call Monday.

I may ask them about packages again, I don't have a home phone - so in the past they have not been an attractive alternative - but if they can give me all the services I want and a higher speed internet, I may go down that route.

Will let you know how I go.

Thanks for all your help!

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
Darren PLEASE pm me if you have ANY problems what so ever...There is a problem that I have noticed with Justin's account and he brought to my attention of another person that has the EXACT same issue and I've been able to get it taken care of.
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Techman:

I am an oold customer as well I have HBO Cinemax Movies and Sports, I don't have HD extreme so I am missing a few channels and was tols I have to pay an additional $10. I am in SoCal.  Is this accurate? I don't understand how you pay nothing extra.....

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ok here is what you do... Have them remove the Sports package and the readd it with the HD EXTREME. and There is no Difference.
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Techman, Once again you delivered.  I've added extreme HD. all in all, no extra charge.  However, my original contract was replaced with a 1yr agreement.
0 Likes
Jedi
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am having a similar problem, any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Likes
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jedi:

This is what I did.  I am in Southern Cal.  I called customer service and asked them to switch me to the new HD extreme package.  This was, there is no change to the pricing if your plan is $109.99.  The only difference is that the 2-yr contract is no longer offered.  The key here is to remember that you are not trying to ADD Extreme HD, you are just "Changing" packages.  If you just simply add it to your existing plan, there will be a charge.

0 Likes