On Demand Issues
pelt
Wondering if anyone is having On Demand issues.  My wife was watching a free movie through On Demand last night.  She paused it and then came back and could not get it to play again, just got the black screen.  She tried several times, but still would not work.  I tried the On Demand this morning and the "widgets" button this morning and neither would work.  I just kept getting the black Verizon screen and unavailable.  The funny part is that was just had FIOS installed last night.  So it was not working after 3 hours. 
0 Likes
Re: On Demand Issues
Techman28
Master - Level 1
let me see what I can find out on that.....What free movie was it do you recall?
0 Likes
pelt

Not sure which free movie, I was not around.  I believe it was on ABC Family.  This morning I tried to hit the "widgets" button for the weather and then it just sat there and I got service unavailable.  We live in Baltimore County, Maryland.  Thanks.

0 Likes
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

Anytime you experience problems with VOD, you should try resetting your internet router by turning it off, unplugging it for 30 seconds, and then turning it back on.  If that doesn't resolve it, then try doing the same for your Set top box.

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

I would recommend you start by checking the STB's IP connectivity.  Menu -> Settings -> System Info.  You will see the IP address listed there.  If it is 0.0.0.0 that's your problem.  If it is 192.168.1.xxx you will probably need to call in if rebooting everything doesnt work out for ya. 

TS

0 Likes