On Demand Not Working
PamReid

On Demand service is not working tonight - it was earlier today.  This is the second time this week that On Demand had been out at night.

Every time I try to play something On Demand, I get this message:

"We are unable to process your request at this time.  Your selection is not

available on the system  Please make another selection. [VOD_212]

Technical Info: Invalid Program

I reset the router and the cable box.  Is there anything else I can do or do I have wait for FIOS to get something working correctly in my area.  I am assuming this is a temporary problem, but it is annoying.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Not Working
Justin46
Legend

@PamReid wrote:

On Demand service is not working tonight - it was earlier today.  This is the second time this week that On Demand had been out at night.

Every time I try to play something On Demand, I get this message:

"We are unable to process your request at this time.  Your selection is not

available on the system  Please make another selection. [VOD_212]

Technical Info: Invalid Program

I reset the router and the cable box.  Is there anything else I can do or do I have wait for FIOS to get something working correctly in my area.  I am assuming this is a temporary problem, but it is annoying.

What time of day? And where are you located? It is my understanding from other threads on this subject that early in the morning (usually between 1-3 AM locally maybe?) is the time Verizon updates the VOD library, and apparently they block all access during that time.

I am not sure of the above, I am asleep at that time Smiley Very Happy but you are not the first to complain about this. Do you know, did it come back later?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
goldfinger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems to be Verizon's weak link.  Their phone service always works, internet is blazing fast + low latency, HDTV is crystal clear, but when it comes to VOD they just can't seem to get it together. In my case its always related to Flexview.  See if you can watch free VOD content or rent non-Flexview content.  Also, see if you get an error bookmarking a Flexview movie.

I've had tremendous trouble ever since Flexview was introduced.  I can rent non-Flexview and free content just fine, but allot of the newer movies are only Flexview.  I've had VOD_278 which got fixed, but now I get VOD_312.  In both cases I get VOD_207 when I try to bookmark.  I imagine DRM is much harder to manage as Flexview content is for mobile devices.  I couldn't care less as I have no desire to watch movies on anything less than my HDTV.  If you need mobile entertainment that's what books are for people.

0 Likes
KV25

My On Demand has not worked for about a week.  I have unplugged the box and nothing helps.  I see there are quite a few people who have this problem.  The only thing I am sure of is Verizon has horrible customer service.  This is not the first time I have reported a problem with absolutely no help or resolution from Verizon. When I move in the next few months I will pick ANY OTHER provider other than Verizon

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you only reported it on the forums, don't expect anything to change.  The forum's are for peer to peer, i.e. if someone else here had the same problem and figured out a fix. e.g. rebooting the router, then you might see a soloution posted.

0 Likes