On Demand VOD won't pick up where it left off
ccalt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see this was discussed before back in 2011, but I have not seen anything posted that it was resolved for people.  Whenever I stop a movie, then choose the resume option  (NOT restart it), it starts at the beginning again.  Also, the pause feature times out and again, the movie won't restart where it left off.  This is unacceptible, especially for $5.99 per movie.  It's been like this for as long as I can remember.  I'm using Amazon Prime on my Bluray player until it's fixed, but I'm not banking in it since it's been like this for years.  I'm going to call them and ask tho I don't expect to get anywhere.  If they simply just try to reset my box as the only fix I may fly into a fit of rage.  Just thought i'd check with the community to see if there is a known fix or if it's just me or what.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Demand VOD won't pick up where it left off
prisaz
Legend
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@ccalt wrote:

I see this was discussed before back in 2011, but I have not seen anything posted that it was reoslved for people.  Whenever I stiop a movie, then choose resume it (NOT restart it), it starts at the beginning again.  Also, the pause feature times out and again, the movie won't restart.  This is unacceptible, especially for $5.99 per movie.  It's been like this for as long as I can remember.  I'm using AMAZON PRIME until it's fixed, but I'mif  not banking in it since it's been like this for years.  I'm going to call them and ask tho I don't expect to get anywhere.  If they simply just try to reset my box as the only fix I may fly into a fit of rage.  Just thought i'd check with the community to see if there is a known fix or if it's just me or what.

On going issue they are aware of, and hopefully it will be addressed quickly. My understanding you can watch the movie again, but must FF to where you left off. It is annoying.

0 Likes
ccalt
Enthusiast - Level 1

on going issue that has lasted YEARS?!?!?  WOW, FIOS is a joke.  VOD is something so basic and so ubiquitous that was perfected 10 years ago by cable companies.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
0 Likes
ccalt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks.  Will do.

0 Likes