On Demand - delay in having shows available to watch
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

How come it takes so long to have shows up after they have been televised?   I have been waiting for the last Celebrity Apprentice show for a while here.  Why does it take so many days? Why cant it be up right after it was broadcasted? or even a couple days later?  Can you explain what causes the long delay?   The DVR cost me the show.  I think it was due to the fact that the name of the show changed in the listings so i had to set it up again. It now has All-Star in the name.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Demand - delay in having shows available to watch
PJL
Master - Level 3

@gcville wrote:

How come it takes so long to have shows up after they have been televised?   I have been waiting for the last Celebrity Apprentice show for a while here.  Why does it take so many days? Why cant it be up right after it was broadcasted? or even a couple days later?  Can you explain what causes the long delay?   The DVR cost me the show.  I think it was due to the fact that the name of the show changed in the listings so i had to set it up again. It now has All-Star in the name.

Content is made available by the provider and they control when and how long the content is available, not Verizon. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@gcville wrote:

Content is made available by the provider and they control when and how long the content is available, not Verizon. 

0 Likes
rickj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is not a true statement.  Who is the provider? Comcast has the tv shows on demand the next day. And don't tell me to order DVR service. On-demand should mean just that.... "on demand" not on demand three weeks later

0 Likes
KAM2523
Enthusiast - Level 2

Celebrity Apprentice is on NBC and Comacst is own by NBC

0 Likes